Monday, September 21, 2009

Inspire me Monday: How Many Hats do you wear?

7379676_c58d0d94a7

How Many Hats do you Wear?
Daughter, Entrepreneur, Fitness Chick, Dancer, Girly girl, girlfriend, coach, friend, teacher, music lover, motivator, confident speaker, student, Paleo girl, Crossfit addict , sweet tooth, over achiever, procrastinator, control freak ….. Those are all my hats I can think of off the top of my head but I know there are more.

What I challenge you today to think about is how many hats you wear? Are you a mother, a father, a spouse, a comedian, a smiler, a listener, a caretaker, a supporter…. However you can define yourself, however you can finish the sentence “I am.”
I have been taking an eastern religions class online to fulfill my requirement for humanities before I go to chiropractic school and we are studying Hinduism right now and the concept of one true reality, called Brahman, that is manifesting itself in many forms can really speak to our own lives. (and is the reason I thought about this topic for today’s email)

Many people think Hinduism is polytheistic (believing in many gods), which it is but it’s not quite because actually, all of the Hindu gods are manifestations of the one true god, the ultimate truth. So I thought to myself, “just like me.” NOT because I think I am a god, but because I say things to myself daily, like “who do I feel like being today, Lauren the fitness chick, or Lauren the girly girl?” We ourselves are one person, and we are so many people all at the same time. How do we juggle through all these people we are daily?

So what’s my point? Know who you are, every part of you. Appreciate how many things you are to so many different people but most importantly to yourself. Do you have enough hats that are just for you or are they all for other people? Do you have any hats that you’ve forgotten about or pushed down?
Know how all your hats work with each other. If you are stressed out, feeling overwhelmed, just feeling like something’s not right, it’s probably because one of your “yous” isn’t playing well with the others.
There are always good and bad hats. We can’t all be perfect. You might find that you want to permanently take off one of your hats, like my sweet tooth hat. I am working very hard right now to just get rid of that thing.

Most of all know that these hats don’t own you. You own them, and you can change them any time you want. You can choose to wear the “emotional eater” hat or not. You can choose to wear the “I hate exercise” hat or not. You can choose to wear the “I have fill in the blank disease “or not.

Whatever you are, however many hats you wear, make sure they are the ones YOU CHOOSE.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online